- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is When is a war ...
- Check out the awesome virtual book launch party hosted Sunday by Daily Kos community member David Harris Gerson for his book, What Do You Buy the Children of the Terrorist who Tried to Kill Your Wife?: A Memoir. There was dancing! Virtual beer! Book giveaways! And if you want to know what the book is about, read Susan from 29's review.
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- What's in it for me? Your Obamacare health insurance options, by Joan McCarter
- Five States You Will Care About A Lot In November of 2014, by Steve Singiser
- Yes she should...run for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Time to go nuclear over Obamacare -- here's one thing the White House must do, by Ian Reifowitz
- We Must Go To War. Just Not In Syria, by Egberto Willies
- The global corporate power grab you hear nothing about because it's being decided in secret, by VL Baker
- Obamacare 202: The HHS & the Affordable Care Act, by DarkSyde
- Oh, how sad: Promoting bigotry and hate isn't going so well (We're looking at you, Coke, McDonald's and others):
The head of the Sochi Olympics asked the IOC on Sunday to help “stop this campaign and this speculation” related to the anti-gay law that has been overshadowing preparations for next year’s Winter Games in Russia.
A senior IOC member, meanwhile, said sponsors are “afraid” of the fallout of possible demonstrations in Sochi.
“I think this could ruin a lot for all of us,” marketing commission chairman Gerhard Heiberg said. “We have to be prepared.”
- I blame Obama. Or traffic lights:
... “DC” has DENIED a permit to the “2 MILLION BIKERS TO DC TEAM” for their super-badass 9/11 protest against, we don’t know, age of consent laws maybe?
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME TYRANNY?????
Washington DC has DENIED our permit for a no-stop ride through Washington DC. We find this regretful for the residents and businesses of that great city, and humbly offer our apologies. What could have been a one or two hour ride through will now likely be an all day event. We will be obeying all laws. We will be stopping at all stoplights, stop signs, and yielding to all pedestrians.Oh, so they have to stop at all stoplights and stop signs and yield to all pedestrians? THIS AGGRESSION WILL NOT STAND MAN.
- The temptation to quote Samuel L. Jackson here is strong:
Andrew Hamblin handles poisonous snakes every Sunday in the name of Jesus. At just 22, he leads Tabernacle Church of God in LaFollette, Tenn., a Pentecostal church that practices a rare, century-old Christian tradition of worshipping God with venomous snakes like timber rattlers, cottonmouths, and copperheads ... There are about 125 snake-handling churches in the United States, and almost all of them are found in Appalachia. Snake handlers like Hamblin do not worship snakes. Instead they use snakes to show non-Christians that God protects them from harm.Not handling poisonous snakes would probably have the same result.
- Perhaps we should file this under TMI:
On the days he resisted the temptation to have an affair, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. marked the occasion in his secret journal with a one-word exaltation: “Victory!” But on the days of defeat, the ink really began to flow across the page.
In the 398-page journal obtained by the New York Post, Kennedy ... recorded the date of the infidelity, the name of the woman involved, and a code of numbers, ranging from 1 to 10, representing the performance of certain sex acts. Number 10 corresponds to intercourse. Numbers 1 through 9 have yet to be decoded by the Post — so at this point it’s hard to know precisely what he did on the day he recorded a 10, 3, and 2 over the course of a single fundraiser at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
- Time to check out your attic?
The Van Gogh Museum says it has identified a long-lost Vincent Van Gogh painting that spent years in a Norwegian attic because it was thought not to be authentic. It is the first full-size canvas by the Dutch master discovered since 1928.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Syria's on all our minds today, and as usual we differ from the framing we're offered by the punditry. Greg Dworkin rounds up the home stretch of the NYC elections, the choosing up of sides on Syria, and how Marco Rubio is writing himself out of 2016. CNN on the new hotness in recreational shooting: exploding targets. #GunFAIL in Yellowstone. Thanks, Sen. Coburn! An exploration of the meme that a no vote on Syria in Congress dooms Obama's 2nd term. Discussions of Nicholas Kristof's "Pulling the Curtain Back on Syria," and David Cay Johnston's "Failed Policy — The 401(k) Shrinks In A Growing Economy."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 131 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 58 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 713 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.