You can click here to add your name:I've visited countless manufacturing facilities in places like Asheville and Wilmington and Garner. I've talked to folks in every corner of North Carolina, and many say the same thing -- America needs to focus more on manufacturing.
North Carolina is the fourth largest manufacturing state in the country. The industry, which lost so much over the past decade, is now coming back. Over the past few years, we've successfully added thousands of manufacturing jobs right here in North Carolina -- revitalizing communities and laying the groundwork for us to create even more jobs on all levels of the supply chain.
In my years in the Senate, I've worked across party lines to keep our manufacturing industry growing. And today, I need you with me.
I'm joining some of my colleagues in a petition to demand Congress focus more on creating manufacturing jobs. Add your voice to ours -- sign the petition today:http://manufacturingjobsforamerica.com/...
These jobs are about more than just building computer components or construction materials, they're about building the economic security that allows North Carolinians to put food on the table, pay their mortgages, send their kids to college, and retire comfortably.
We are well positioned for North Carolina to be an American manufacturing hub. With smart investments and a lot of hard work we can grow this industry, train the workforce to fill it, and create the jobs of the future right here at home.
Tell Congress: It's time to focus on manufacturing. Sign our petition:
Thank you for reading, and for taking action on this issue. Together we can create the momentum we need.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Treatment over incarceration? Yes. Massachusetts has been fighting a growing wave of ...31 comments 83 Recs
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...4 comments 9 Recs
- I know that you’re well aware of the historic obstruction we’ve seen from the GOP on issues ranging from the budget to President Obama’s ability to negotiate treaties to an increase in the ...2 comments 9 Recs
- Let us open an account for you, or ten.71 comments 171 Recs
- Still not onboard with fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Under the rubric of "prioritize jobs" Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sherrod Brown (OH), Al Franken (MN), ...32 comments 88 Recs
- No current results.