The last thing we need is another Ted Cruz in the U.S. Senate. If you would like to get involved with Mark Pryor's (D. AR) re-election campaign, you can do so here:When it comes to Congressman Cotton and Senator Cruz, it was love at first sight.
Yesterday, the New York Daily News highlighted Congressman Cotton’s “effusive” praise for one of the Senate’s most reckless and ambitious members, Senator Ted Cruz.
“There aren’t enough of us in Congress. We need more,” Cotton said. “And you can see just over the last four months what a guy like Ted Cruz has been able to do in the United States Senate.”
“Although we’re not quite as high profile as senators are that’s what people like me… in the House try to accomplish as well,” Cotton said. “We need to get more people like that elected.” [Daily News, 2/14/14]
Of course, effusive praise for Ted Cruz makes a lot of sense coming from Congressman Cotton - one of the House’s most reckless and blindly ambitious members. Congressman Cotton and Senator Cruz have voted arm-in-arm with one another and against the best interests of Arkansas time and time again.
Here’s the problem: Congressman Cotton and Senator Cruz are poster boys for the my-way-or-the-highway approach that puts a reckless ideological agenda backed by special interests ahead of the best interests of Arkansans. Congressman Cotton thinks he knows better than the thousands of Arkansans who would be hurt by his reckless policies.
See below for a list of reckless policy positions Congressman Cotton and Senator Cruz share:
Keeping up with the Valentine's Day theme, the Arkansas Democratic Party highlights how much Tea Party Congressman Tom Cotton (R. AR) and Tea Party Senator Ted Cruz (R. TX) are two peas in a pod:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Radiowalla, Pompatus, Empower Ink, shortgirl, bgblcklab1, Ojibwa, SteelerGrrl, peachcreek, terrybuck, Jorge Harris
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Treatment over incarceration? Yes. Massachusetts has been fighting a growing wave of ...31 comments 83 Recs
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...4 comments 9 Recs
- I know that you’re well aware of the historic obstruction we’ve seen from the GOP on issues ranging from the budget to President Obama’s ability to negotiate treaties to an increase in the ...2 comments 9 Recs
- Let us open an account for you, or ten.70 comments 170 Recs
- Still not onboard with fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Under the rubric of "prioritize jobs" Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sherrod Brown (OH), Al Franken (MN), ...32 comments 87 Recs
- No current results.