Click here to add your name:The Internet is our most democratic communications medium -- a wellspring of openness and job-creating innovation the likes of which the world has never seen before.
We need to keep it that way. If you believe in keeping the Internet free, fair, and open, please add your name to our petition.
Companies like Google, Facebook, and Hulu never could have become the job-creating giants that they are without a free and open Internet. And this is about more than just high-tech jobs -- the Internet helps to create employment opportunities in all sectors of our economy, and it enables technological innovations that benefit consumers.
But that’s only true if the Internet remains free and open. Now, big special interests are fighting to change the rules and allow Internet service providers to create fast and slow lanes that discriminate against the little guys.
Net neutrality is the cornerstone of a free and open Internet, and it must be protected. If you have a world-changing idea, the Internet allows you to compete on a level playing field. We must guarantee that the innovators of the future can compete against entrenched interests, and net neutrality is how we make that happen.
The Federal Communications Commission is considering rules to protect net neutrality right now. Sign the petition to tell the FCC you support net neutrality.
I hope I can count on your support on this important issue.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Ed Markey (D. MA) regarding net neutrality:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...23 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 278 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 450 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 207 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.