Click here to add your name:I am the number one target of outside spending by special interest groups so far in this election. Thanks to the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision, many of the groups spending that money can hide their donors and spend unlimited amounts of cash.
And last week, the Supreme Court issued another decision, in a case called McCutcheon, which made it even easier for even more money to flow into our democratic process.
This is part of a disturbing trend. Step by step, the Supreme Court is making it easier to spend money in elections, but no one is making it easier for the American people to find out who is trying to influence their votes.
With this new decision, it is more important than ever that we shine a huge spotlight into the dark corners of our campaign finance system. Today, I’m joining with my colleagues to call for real reform -- and we need your help. Sign the petition to call for campaign finance reform.
The more money that worms into our election process, the more middle class families get drowned out of the process.
We cannot allow this trend to continue. North Carolinians should know who is paying to run ads in their elections. And the issues that matter to middle class families should not take a back seat to a special interest agenda.
We need real transparency and disclosure. If you agree, join my colleagues and me -- sign the petition to support campaign finance reform.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Kay Hagan (D. NC):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...23 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...375 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 207 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.