Click here to donate to CREDO Action so they can help defeat Tillis this November:North Carolina House Speaker Thom Tillis just lifted North Carolina’s moratorium on fracking by pushing through the worst pro-fracking bill ever passed by a state legislature.
Tillis is a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, hoping to bring this extreme pro-fracking agenda to Washington, and take one of the 6 seats from Democrats that Republicans need to seize control of the Senate.
We can’t let that happen. Chip in $10.00 to defeat Thom Tillis and keep his pro-fracking Tea Party Republican agenda out of the Senate.
The fracking bill, which is expected to be signed by North Carolina’s governor and become law, is astounding. It lifts the state's moratorium on fracking, blocks local governments from protecting themselves against fracking, and makes it a crime to disclose the toxic chemicals used in fracking.
If Tillis and five other Republicans succeed in defeating their Democratic opponents, we will lose the firewall in the Senate that has kept Tillis’ brand of Tea Party Republican craziness confined to the House of Representatives. In the last four years, House Tea Party Republicans have made repeated attempts to approve the Keystone XL pipeline, voted over 100 times to undermine the Clean Air Act and attempted nearly 200 times to gut the EPA.
But if Republicans take over the Senate, that will be just the beginning -- and there will be nothing to stop every bill they pass from landing on President Obama’s desk.
Chip in $10.00 to defeat Thom Tillis and keep the Senate out of the hands of pro-fracking, climate denying Tea Party Republicans.
Thanks for fighting fracking.
Zack Malitz, CREDO SuperPAC
Received this e-mail today from CREDO Action regarding U.S. Senate candidate Thom Tillis (R. NC):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...37 comments 35 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...27 comments 22 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...23 comments 19 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...46 comments 32 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 9 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...23 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.