Click here to add your name:Did you hear?
Today Mitch McConnell delivered yet another blow to working families and students by blocking legislation that would ease the burden of student loan debt. McConnell is so out of touch with the lives of real people that he dismissed legislation that would allow millions to refinance their student loans at a lower rate as a "talking point."
Mitch McConnell and Washington just don't get it. Easing the burden of student loan debt isn't a "talking point;" it's a critical step toward helping working families build a future and put food on the table.
Today we're asking you to stand with our campaign.Sign the petition and tell Mitch McConnell to support this critical piece of legislation. After 30 years of failed leadership and obstruction, it's time to act.
McConnell's move today is further evidence of where he places his loyalties: rather than standing with working families, McConnell continues to stand with the wealthy Washington and Wall Street lobbyists that bankroll his campaign.
Mitch McConnell has been in Washington too long to understand that helping families with the burden of student loan debt isn't about playing politics: it's about positively impacting the lives of real people. It's about doing what's right to strengthen the middle class and make sure everyone gets a fair shot – not just the super wealthy.
Enough is enough.
Add your name now and tell McConnell to end the obstruction and pass this bill.
Thanks for standing with us,
Alison for Kentucky
Received this e-mail today from Alison Lundergan Grimes' (D. KY) U.S. Senate campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
glitterscale, TrueBlueMajority, Wee Mama, Aquarius40, Kentucky DeanDemocrat, KayCeSF, daeros, TomP, Thomas Twinnings, JamieG from Md, papahaha, Amber6541, dagnome, MRA NY, Eric Nelson, ET3117, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 451 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 208 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.