Halter is going up against Blue Dog Mike Ross in the primary. Lets help him keep up the momentum to win:It's working.
For the past few months, we've been working hard to build a campaign of big ideas -- like a promise to Arkansas's high schoolers that if they work hard enough, we'll send them to college, tuition paid, without raising taxes.
Guess what? People are getting the message.
Two op-eds ran in Arkansas newspapers this week that show that our momentum is growing:
Take five minutes to read the op-eds, then help us keep our momentum going by chipping in $5 or more today:
In his syndicated column, Roy Ockert notes that Arkansas ranks 49th out of 50 states in the percentage of our workforce with a college degree -- ahead of only West Virginia. That's why, he writes, "The central idea in [Bill's] campaign" -- the Arkansas Promise -- "should be a subject for major debate in the 2014 gubernatorial election."
And in an Arkansas Democrat-Gazette op-ed, Rex Nelson thanks Bill for "focus[ing] a major part of the discussion in this landmark governor's race on the critical need to produce far more college graduates in Arkansas."
"Regardless of whether you have a college degree or not and whether you plan to vote for a Democrat or a Republican for governor, we should all be able to agree that Arkansas simply must produce far more college graduates," Nelson writes. "Let's begin the public policy debate on the best approach for achieving that goal."
You can help us keep driving this discussion forward. Pitch in now:
Bill Halter for Arkansas
Received this e-mail from one of our favorite Democrats, Former Lt. Governor Bill Halter (D. AR), who is running for Governor:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
TrueBlueMajority, Pompatus, LeftHandedMan, wdrath, humphrey, v2aggie2, elwior, Lujane, lostinamerica, hagarwood, We Won, JayRaye, aross93
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...23 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...375 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 207 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.