If You Don't Like Money in Politics there are a few things going on you may want to know about. And you may want to get involved along with me and hundreds of thousands of others.
Government has failed us. More than 90% of Americans link that failure to the influence of money in politics.May One has already raised OVER $900K toward its initial goal of raising $1M by the end of the month. How cool is that?
Yet the politicians ignore this influence. While America founders, they spend endless time with their funders.
These funders hold our democracy hostage. We want to pay the ransom, and get it back.
We're going to kickstart a SuperPAC big enough to make it possible to win a Congress committed to fundamental reform by 2016.
Or at least we're going to try.
March for Democracy, 99Rise, 5/17-6/22, LA to Sacramento -- demand that CA legislature call for an Article V Convention to produce a get-money-out-of-politics political equality Constitutional Amendment.
The voices of the 99% don’t matter now: as long as this is true, our needs won’t count and real change won’t come. From the nationwide "march against corruption" protest (Lawrence Lessig), to the statewide New Hampshire Rebellion, to civil disobedience in the chamber of the Supreme Court itself (Kai Newkirk, 99Rise) -- more and more Americans are stepping-up to the plate for democracy everyday.Dolores Heurta will be in the contingent when March for Democracy arrives in Sacramento. Lawrence Lessig & Rootstrikers, Noam Chomsky, Wolf PAC (below) and many others have endorsed the March.
Shockwave, some other kossacks and I are involved in organizing and marching in this action. There are a lot of ways you, too can participate. More on that in a bit.
Wolf PAC -- Cenk Uygur -- Organizing to petition states to call for a an Article V Convention to end corporate personhood and publicly finance all elections in our country. Here's the plan.
Near the turn of the 20th century the states wanted a direct election of senators, and Nebraska was the first state to call for an Article V. Convention in 1893. By 1913 the movement had come within one state of reaching the necessary 2/3 threshold that would force a convention. When it became clear to Congress that the 17th Amendment was going to happen one way or another they decided to preempt a convention by passing it themselves. The threat of a convention is the strongest message we can send and the most effective way to restore our democracy in the United States. This can and must be done in a far shorter time period then it took for the 17th Amendment, then again, they didn't have the power of the internet and other technology we will be using in this battle.Quite simply, you can sign the petition (72K) and get involved in organizing in your state, unless of course it is deep red...
Some ways you can participate in March for Democracy:
- Endorse the march &/or solicit endorsements.
- Send a representative or surrogate.
- Join progressive leaders and marchers in launch events on Saturday, May 17th.
- March part or all of the way. Here’s the march route/itinerary for your consideration.
- Help 99Rise.org recruit marchers by contacting activists and concerned citizens you know.
- Spread the news, formally, informally, in anyway you wish to whomever you believe may be interested in tracking, participating in, supporting this action.
- Contact 99Rise.org and work with their team to contribute supplies (food, water…).
- Donate funds to help make March for Democracy a success.
- Contact 99Rise.org and work with their team to handle recruitment, outreach, PR, logistics and other vital functions.
- Join progressive leaders and marchers on Sunday, June 22, when the marchers arrive in Sacramento.
Go the website and sign up to march or volunteer in some other way, or send kosmail to Shockwave">Shockwave or myself.
SOME ORGANIZATIONS ENDORSING/PARTICIPATING MARCH FOR DEMOCRACY:
Thanks for your consideration. :)